Ancient Capitals Of Mongolia
- Dates & Rates
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Visa Info
Day 1: Arrival in Ulaanbaatar
You will be greeted by your guide and driver and transferred to your hotel. Optional half or full day city tours are available. Overnight stay at a centrally located hotel.
Day 2: Ulaanbaatar / Karakorum [L,D]
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to Karakorum, the XIII Century capital of the Great Mongol Empire. Visit Erdene-Zuu Monastery, which was the first and one of the largest monasteries in Mongolia, and then was mostly destroyed between 1937-1938. Tour the monastery and visit several temples with excellent examples of Buddhist Thangka paintings dating back from the XVI Century. Visit the Karakorum museum. Dinner and overnight in a Ger Camp.
Day 3: Arkhangai / Tsenher Jiguur Hot Spring [B,L,D]
Drive to Tsenkher Hot Spring. Spend the day relaxing in natural spa and walking in the surrounding forest. Optional massage and beauty services are available. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
Day 4: Lake Ugii [B,L,D]
Drive to Lake Ugii in Arkhangai Province. The camp is located on the shore of Lake Ugii. Here you can walk around the lake. A magnificent view and countless water birds will be at your doorsteps. Lunch, dinner and overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
Day 5: Bulgan / Uran Togoo [B,L,D]
After breakfast drive to Uran Togoo, an extinct volcano in Bulgan Province. You will have a scenic drive with endless green pastures and deep blue sky. Dinner and overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
Day 6: Selenge / Amarbayasgalant [B,L,D]
In the morning start your journey to Amarbayasgalant Monastery or the "Monastery of Tranquil Facility", is one of the three largest Buddhist monastic centers and one of the most beautiful monasteries in Mongolia. Visit and explore the grounds of the monastery. Dinner and overnight stay in a Ger Camp.
Day 7: Ulaanbaatar [B,L,D]
After breakfast, drive back to Ulaanbaatar. Picnic lunch. Arrive in Ulaanbaatar and check into your hotel. In the evening watch a Mongolian traditional Folk Art Concert. Dinner at a lavish restaurant. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 8: Departure [B]
In the morning transfer to the airport or train station for your international departure.
Tour type: Small Group Tour
Group size: Limited to 16 guests
|Departure dates and rates|
|June 3- June 10||$1,695|
|August 12 - August 19||$1,695|
- Single Supplement: $495
- Please contact us for your international flights. We offer competitive rates from most US cities.
- Transfers upon arrival and departure
- English speaking guide at all times.
- In the countryside all lodging will be in Ger Camps.
- All meals are provided as stated in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation: in the countryside by a chauffeur driven 4 WD Jeep, bus in the city area.
- Park entrance fees
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- 1 liter of drinking water per day, per person
- International flights
- Trip Insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extra drinks, personal expenses
- Tips for your tour guide and driver
- Any flight or train tickets if applicable to your itinerary
There are no medias on the gallery.
- Ulaanbaatar : Kempinski Ulaanbaatar Hotel (5*) or similar
- Modern Ger Camps
There are no reviews yet.